Header Logo Information

November 2, 2020 1:15 PM

Where can I get a list of qualified contractors to hire for Phase 2 Debris Removal?

If a property owner does not want to participate in the government-sponsored public debris removal program, a property owner can contract with a private contractor to perform the debris removal and conduct the soil sampling. The contractor and property owner must apply for and obtain approval for a private debris removal permit from the County or City (depending on jurisdiction), prior to initiating Phase 2 work.

Property owners can contact the California State Licensing Board to check if a contractor is licensed and insured.  Their telephone number is (800) 321-2752.

The Northern Engineering Contractors Association can provide you a list of contractors that can assist in developing your debris removal plan, including soil assessment and testing.  Their telephone number is (707) 546-5500.

North Coast Builders Exchange also has a list of contractors that can assist in debris removal plans.  Their telephone number is 707-542-9502.