Emergencies Happen – Be Prepared
- Stay Informed – Sign up for alerts, follow us on social media, bookmark local radio and TV stations, and download mobile apps.
- Get Ready – Understand your risk to various hazards, make a plan to stay safe, build an emergency kit, and plan to stay informed as events unfold.
- Access & Functional Needs Populations – Additional preparedness information for persons with disabilities, seniors, and others.
- Educational Events & Exercises – Scheduled public events, exercises and evacuation drills.
Be Prepared Guides
- Earthquake Preparedness – Practice Duck, Cover and Hold
- Epidemic & Pandemic Preparedness – Reduce your risk
- Power Outages – Information about how to prepare, sign up for notifications, and what to expect
- Tsunami Ready – Prepare now, survive during, and be safe after
- Wildfire Readiness –
- Cal Fire recommendations for wildfire preparation, prevention, and recovery.
- Red Flag Warning information and precautions
- Winter Storm Ready – Preparing for floods, mudslides, and debris flows