We can’t plan for everything, so it is critical to have a plan for those things you can control, allowing you bandwidth and flexibility to problem solve in the moment for those things that happen unexpectedly. Sonoma County is no stranger to disruption, and business have learned to be flexible and agile over the last few years in response to a variety of disruptions in our community.
Businesses should consider how they will stay informed, what their plans are for an emergency and for continuity of operation planning (COOP). Additionally, those who work in organizations should be supported to get ready at the family level. Staff who has taken care of their own family planning are more likely to be able to support the business operations in a disaster, once their family is squared away.
Business emergency planning
- SBA Small business preparedness
- FEMA Ready for business
- Outsmart Disaster, Resilient Business information
- American Red Cross ready rating for organizations
- From COVID-19 to Hurricane Season: Disaster Preparedness for Small Business (Business.com)
- EDB Get your business ready for planned power shutoffs (PDF)
Business COOP planning
Check out Economic Development Board (EDB) for recovery tools and information