DATE OF ORDER: December 29, 2021
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120275, et seq.)
UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTIONS 101040, 101085, AND 120175, THE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE COUNTY OF SONOMA (“HEALTH OFFICER”) ORDERS:
- On October 21, 2021, the Health Officer issued an exemption to the face covering requirements contained in Order No. C19-25 for certain stable cohorts of fully vaccinated individuals, as defined. The exemption is set forth in Amendment No. 1 to Order C19-25.
- Since that time, Sonoma County, consistent with the nationwide trend, has experienced an increase in COVID-19 cases due to the emergence of a previously unknown variant known as the Omicron variant. The Omicron variant is more transmissible than the Delta variant, and some of the recent cases have been amongst fully-vaccinated persons in stable cohorts not wearing a face covering indoors pursuant to the exemption.
- In order to slow the transmission of the Omicron variant and protect the health and safety of the community, it is necessary to rescind the face covering exemption for stable cohorts.
- Amendment No. 1 to the Health Officer Order No. C19-25 is hereby rescinded effective at 12:01 a.m. on December 30, 2021.
- This Order shall promptly be: (1) made available at the County Administration Center at 575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa CA 95403; (2) posted on the County Public Health Department website (https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Public-Health/) and (https://socoemergency.org/); and (3) provided to any member of the public requesting a copy of this Order.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH
Health Officer of the County of Sonoma