How Will You Receive an Alert?
Sign Up for Alerts
The County of Sonoma strongly recommends subscribing to the following:
- SoCoAlert – Create a managed account to receive urgent notifications about local emergencies by phone and/or text message. Powered by CodeRED.
- Nixle – Text your zip code to 888777 to opt-in or sign up online to receive email, text or voice messages with alerts and advisories from local law enforcement.
Alerts that Do Not Require Subscriptions
- Public Safety Power Shutoff Notifications – As part of PG&E’s Community Wildfire Safety Program, it may be necessary to turn off electricity to communities in high fire-threat areas to help reduce the risk of wildfires.
- Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA) – Evacuation orders and other important messages will be sent to compatible mobile devices based on your current location.
- Emergency Alert System (EAS) – Alerts will interrupts local radio broadcasts and Comcast television programming in the event of a large-scale emergency.
Alternate Notification Methods
Due to potential delays, please do not rely on these methods as your primary notification of a local emergency. The following require subscription before activation:
- County Email Notifications – Subscribe to receive emails or text messages from the County of Sonoma with information about alerts, warnings and incidents.
- Road Closures Updates – Subscribe to receive emails for closed roads or delays due to emergencies or construction. Information is available in text or map format.
- Nextdoor – A resource for staying informed about what’s going on in your neighborhood.
Follow Us on Social Media
Community information will be posted on the following social media platforms in as timely a manner as possible.
Due to potential delays, please do not rely on social media as your primary notification of a local emergency.
- County of Sonoma Facebook
- County of Sonoma Twitter
- County of Sonoma Nextdoor
- Sheriff’s Office Facebook
- Sheriff’s Office Twitter
For a comprehensive list of all County of Sonoma related social media platforms, see Social Media Center.
Radio & Television
- 1350 AM: KSRO Radio
- 100.1 FM: KZST Radio
- 89.1 FM: KBBF Radio (Bilingual/Spanish)
- 740 AM and 106.9 FM: KCBS Radio
- KTVU: TV Channel 2
- NBC11: TV Channel 3
- KRON: TV Channel 4
- KPIX: TV Channel 5
- KGO: TV Channel 7
Download Mobile Apps
- CalFire – Current fire maps and incident updates from California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.
- SoCoReport It – See something that needs to be fixed (potholes, street lights, culverts, etc.); submit a request and attach a photo.
- SoCo Alert / CodeRED Alerts – Create a CodeRED account to receive alerts local to your current location when you are in a CodeRED client’s jurisdiction.
- Please note: Additional weather information is optional and not required to receive alerts.
- Weather Channel – Instantly get storm warnings and live radar alerts.
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) – This simple and easy-to-use app provides safety notifications, emergency preparedness tips, and disaster resources.
- Red Cross Mobile – Several apps available including First Aid, Emergency, Earthquake, Flood, and Pet First Aid.