The use of sandbags is a simple but effective way to prevent or reduce flood water damage and erosion. Properly filled and placed sandbags can act as a barrier to divert moving water.
For information about sandbag stations in your area, visit:
- Cloverdale: https://www.cloverdale.net/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=381
Sandbag stations are available on Second St. next to the City Park and Furber Park’s main parking lot. The city has a limited supply of bags, and they are available on a first-come, first-served bases. Shovels are available on limited bases and residents are encouraged to bring their own shovels. Ace Hardware, located at 750 S. Cloverdale Blvd., has sandbags in stock which are available for purchase while supplies last.
- Healdsburg: Healdsburg Community Center at 1557 Healdsburg Avenue - for details, visit: https://www.facebook.com/cityofhealdsburg
- Petaluma: https://cityofpetaluma.org/sandbags-available-at-prince-park/
- Rohnert Park: https://www.rpcity.org/city_hall/departments/public_works/storm_season_information_and_resources
Sandbag station is located at the Callinan Sports and Fitness center parking lot.
5401 Snyder Lane, Rohnert Park
- Santa Rosa: www.srcity.org/rainready
- Sebastopol: https://ci.sebastopol.ca.us/Article/Sandbags-Available-to-Sebastopol-Residents
- Sonoma: https://www.sonomacity.org/free-sand-depot-park/
8400 Windsor Road
Bring shovel, gloves, and fill own bags
In unincorporated Sonoma County, sand and sandbags will be available at the following locations:
Ghilotti Construction, 246 Ghilotti Ave, Santa Rosa, CA 95407 (off Todd Rd. in the Bellevue area)
- Guerneville: Sonoma Landworks at 15950 River Road
- Monte Rio Fire Department: 9870 Main Street, Monte Rio, CA 95462
- Forestville Fire Department: 6554 Mirabel Road, Forestville, CA 95436
- Occidental Fire Department: 3800 Bohemian Highway, Occidental, CA. Sand and sand bags are available behind the fire station by the tennis courts.