DATE OF AMENDMENT: March 1, 2022
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120275, et seq.)
- Summary. This Amendment extends the compliance date for the twice weekly testing requirements in Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” of Orders C19-32 & C19-33. This Amendment does not extend the compliance date for booster vaccine verification, face covering requirement, or any other requirement contained within Orders of the Health Officer of the County of Sonoma C19-32 & C19-33 (herein referred to as the “Orders”).
Nothing in this Amendment No. 2 prohibits employers covered by Order C19-32 & Order C19-33 from requiring twice weekly testing for their personnel. Furthermore, nothing in this Amendment No. 2 relieves an employer from any legal obligation to test any personnel in accordance with Cal/OSHA ETS and/or the Cal/OSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Standards.
- Basis. Sonoma County has experienced a reduction in the number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations since the issuance of Orders C19-32 and C19-33. Testing supplies remain low and difficult to obtain, and new CDC public health guidance is shifting away from a public testing strategy to more focus on hospital needs. Therefore, it is appropriate to delay implementation of the twice weekly testing requirement for non-boosted personnel. Sonoma County Department of Health Services will meet soon with employers to discuss making further changes to Orders C19-32 & C19-33.
- COVID-19 Test Requirements. All employers shall enforce the twice weekly testing requirements in Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” of Orders no later than 12:01 a.m. on April 1, 2022.
- Order C19-32 & C19-33 Requirements. All employers shall enforce all other requirements of Orders by the Effective Date and Time (12:01 a.m. on February 1, 2022).
- Obligation to Follow Stricter Requirements of Orders. Where a conflict exists between this Amendment and Order and any state or federal orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the most restrictive provision (i.e., the more protective of public health) controls.
- Copies; Contact Information. Copies of this Amendment shall promptly be: (1) made available at the County Administration Center at 575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa CA 95403; (2) posted on the County Public Health Department website (https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Public-Health/) and (https://socoemergency.org/); and (3) provided to any member of the public requesting a copy of this Order.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH
Health Officer of the County of Sonoma