This Sonoma County Health Order is no longer in effect. This content is provided for historical reference only.
« Return to list of archived Health Orders | See list of Health Orders currently in effect »
DATE OF ORDER: February 9, 2022
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120275, et seq.)
UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTIONS 101040, 101085, AND 120175, THE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE COUNTY OF SONOMA (“HEALTH OFFICER”) ORDERS:
- Effective February 15, 2022 at 11:59PM, the local face covering order (Order C19-25) is rescinded.
- All individuals in Sonoma County must continue to comply with the State’s Guidance for the Use of Face Masks issued by the CDPH on February 7, 2022 (available online at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx), including any future amendment or revision to the Guidance, until the Guidance is rescinded or withdrawn by the State.
- All employers in Sonoma County must continue to comply with any applicable Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards (https://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/coronavirus/ETS.html) and/or the Cal/OSHA Aerosol Transmissible Diseases Standards (https://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/dosh_publications/ATD-Guide.pdf). Employers may also require their employees to wear personal protective equipment (e.g. face masks, gloves, or gowns) designed to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in accordance with California Department of Fair Employment and Housing Guidance (https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/03/DFEH-Employment-Information-on-COVID-19-FAQ_ENG.pdf).
- Furthermore, all Employers of Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, Pharmacies, Dental Offices, operators of Temporary Disaster Shelters in Sonoma County, as well as public and private schools serving students in Transitional Kindergarten through grade 12, must continue to enforce the Face Covering Requirements (Section 6 of Orders C19-32 & C19-33) for Personnel or Workers who do not produce satisfactory evidence that they are Fully Updated against COVID-19. This requirement remains in effect until it is rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing by the Health Officer.
- Copies of this Order shall promptly be: (1) made available at the County Administration Center at 575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa CA 95403; (2) posted on the County Public Health Department website (https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Public-Health/) and (https://socoemergency.org/); and (3) provided to any member of the public requesting a copy of this Order.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH
Health Officer of the County of Sonoma[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]