« All Events
Sonoma County Hospitality Assoc. Emergency Preparedness, Response & Recovery
Thursday, September 29, 2022 @ 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM
|Emergency Preparedness, Response & Recovery
In this seminar, attendees will learn best practices and receive resources and actionable plans for all segments of the hospitality industry including collaboration with our local community.
The panel will focus on three areas.
1. How to prepare for different emergencies facing Sonoma County hospitality businesses.
2. How to respond to emergencies and receive updated information during the emergency.
3. How to start the recovery process.
Presenting a whole community approach to emergency planning, our panel include:
- Dr. Nancy Brown: Community Preparedness Program Manager, County of Sonoma Department of Emergency Management. Dr. Brown will help draw out what questions hospitality business owners and the community should ask themselves about communication and disaster preparedness.
- Kelly Bass Seibel: Vice President of Community Engagement, Sonoma County Tourism. Kelly will share the comprehensive portfolio of resources and services available through Sonoma County Tourism.
- Priscilla Abercrombie: Board Chair, COPE Northern Sonoma County. Priscilla will provide a brief introduction of the COPE program – helping residents, families, and visitors, prepare for disasters.
- Geoff Peters: Program Manager, CERT Citizens Emergency Response Team. Geoff will provide some critical insight on communication devices and tools that can be used by the hospitality industry, hotels, wineries, vacation rentals and the community during a disaster – especially if the internet and cell service go down.
- Register for Free
|You need to register to receive the zoom invite.