Currently, there are no Community Resource Centers open. During severe weather conditions, a center may be activated to provide essential resources. As locations become available, they will be listed here.
CRCs may provide:
- Charging stations for electronic devices and medical equipment
- Wi-Fi service
- Snacks and bottled water
- Blankets and other items
- Chairs and tables
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-accessible restrooms
- Cellular coverage
- Customer service staff
- Security personnel
- Hand-washing stations
Indoor centers may provide:
- Air conditioning and/or heating
- Bagged ice
- Privacy screens
When CRCs are closed, you can use the outage map to identify energized areas for power.
Health and safety measures
To keep our community safe, PG&E continues to update processes to reflect appropriate COVID-19 health considerations and federal, state and county guidelines. They use the Centers for Disease Control and prevention guidelines, which include:
- Facial coverings and physical distancing are encouraged but not required
- Supplies are given out to visitors so they can “grab and go,” but they are welcome to stay on-site and charge their devices
- In instances of high demand, medical device charging is prioritized
- Surfaces are regularly sanitized
- For the health and safety of the community, we ask customers not to visit a center if they are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.