The winter rains have significantly improved our water storage capacity at Lake Sonoma and Lake Mendocino. While reservoirs are full, it’s still important to save water. To view current conditions for Sonoma County, including graphics that show the location and intensity of the drought, visit the U.S. Drought Monitor.
Because drought remains a long term concern, these water conversation restrictions remain in place until December 2023:
- Outdoor watering that lets water run onto sidewalks and other areas (except incidental runoff)
- Washing vehicles without an automatic shutoff nozzle
- Washing hard surfaces like driveways or sidewalks that don’t absorb water
- Street cleaning or construction site preparation
- Filling decorative fountains, lakes, or ponds without a recirculation pump
- Outdoor watering within 48 hours after at least 1/4 inch of rainfall
- Watering decorative grass on public medians
Watering decorative grass in commercial, industrial, and institutional areas, including common areas of homeowners’ associations, remains prohibited until June 2024.