DATE OF AMENDMENT: AUGUST 27, 2021
Please read this Order carefully. Violation of or failure to comply with this Order is a misdemeanor punishable by fine, imprisonment, or both. (California Health and Safety Code § 120275, et seq.)
UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTIONS 101040, 101085, AND 120175, THE HEALTH OFFICER OF THE COUNTY OF SONOMA (“HEALTH OFFICER”) ORDERS:
- This Amendment extends the compliance date for the testing requirements in Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” to give Employers more time to secure testing arrangements. This Amendment does not extend the compliance date for vaccine verification, face covering requirement, or any other requirement contained within Order of the Health Officer of the County of Sonoma C19-26 (herein referred to as the “Order”).
- Employers of Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Medical Services, and operators of Temporary Disaster Shelters in Sonoma County must require their Personnel to get tested weekly for the virus that causes Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) or produce satisfactory evidence that they are Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19. The Sonoma County Health Department continues to work with Employers to secure testing arrangements for their Personnel; however, COVID-19 testing demand is high and some Employers may not be able to secure testing arrangements for their Personnel by the Effective Date and Time of the Order.
- COVID-19 Test Requirements. All Employers shall enforce the testing requirements in Section 4 “COVID-19 Test Requirements” of the Order as soon as they secure testing arrangements, and no later than 12:01 a.m. on September 24, 2021. This extension does not apply to Employers who have already secured testing arrangements for Personnel.
- Order C19-26 Requirements All Employers shall enforce all other requirements of the Order by the Effective Date and Time (12:01 a.m. on September 1, 2021).
- Obligation to Follow Stricter Requirements of Orders. Where a conflict exists between this Amendment and Order and any state or federal orders related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the most restrictive provision (i.e., the more protective of public health) controls.
- Copies; Contact Information. Copies of this Amendment shall promptly be: (1) made available at the County Administration Center at 575 Administration Drive, Santa Rosa CA 95403; (2) posted on the County Public Health Department website (https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health/Public-Health/) and (https://socoemergency.org/); and (3) provided to any member of the public requesting a copy of this Order.
IT IS SO ORDERED:
Dr. Sundari R. Mase, MD MPH
Health Officer of the County of Sonoma