En Español »
Call the agency near you about meal services. To qualify, individuals must be age 60+, homebound, the spouse of a homebound senior or caring for a person with disabilities. Those not a current lunch or meals on wheels program client must complete an intake form.
If you are unable to access services, call the Adult and Aging Information & Assistance line: (707) 565-INFO (4636). Additional resources are below:
General Food Resources
No one in Sonoma County should go hungry. The following community organizations are here to help you during this emergency.
- Find details about distributions of produce and partner organizations. List can be filtered to find food available today.
School Grab-n-Go Meals for Any Child
- Many school districts offer grab-and-go meals for all children 18 and younger. To find school meal pickups near you, go to the Sonoma County Office of Education’s School Meals Map
- A list of ongoing food distribution events in Sonoma Valley.
- The United Way of The Wine Country can connect you with food resources. You can call them at (707) 528-4485 for additional information and assistance.
Government Food Benefits
- CalFresh food benefits are available to qualified low-income households.
- CalFresh recipients can now use their cards to make online food purchases.
Farmers Markets & Local Food Producers
Sonoma County Farm Trails offers a shelter-in-place resource page with information about farmers markets and other food products and take-out options available from its members.
Meal Delivery and Pickup for Ages 60+
Call the agency near you about meal services. No dining. To qualify, individuals must be age 60+, homebound, the spouse of a homebound senior or caring for a person with disabilities. Those not a current lunch or meals on wheels program client must complete an intake form.
Meals On Wheels deliveries are available from the service providers below. Talk with an intake person to set up delivery. If needed, request help with pet food during intake.
If you are unable to access services, call the Adult and Aging Information & Assistance line: (707) 565-INFO (4636).
Senior Box and Groceries to Go distribution on the 1st Thursday of the month, 9:30-10:30 a.m.
For those qualifying for home delivered meals, seven meals delivered weekly Monday or Wednesday.
Suggested meal donation is $8 for seniors 60+ and disabled adults, $10 for non-seniors and $6 for children under 12. Seniors 60+ and disabled adults are served even if unable to donate.
Council on Aging – (707) 525-0143
Home Delivered Meal clients receive a weekly delivery with multiple meals. Option of 5-day meal pick-ups at locations on dates below. Call (707) 525-0143 x013 to register. The senior must call by 10 a.m. the day before pick up for a meal pack. Contributions are welcome, but no one is denied for an inability to pay.
- Meals on Wheels clients receive daily meal deliveries seven days a week.
- Congregate Dining clients meal pick-up, Monday- Friday, 12:30 – 1:30 p.m.
Sonoma Family Meals provides dinners on a first-come basis from Backyard Restaurant, Wednesdays and Fridays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Meals for Persons with Access and Functional Needs
The County In-Home Supportive Services program can support residents of all ages who need prepared meals due to access and functional needs or special medical dietary requirements. Residents must be eligible for Medi-Cal to apply.
Meals for Homeless Persons
A variety of meal services and food bank resources are available to people experiencing homelessness.