- Child Parent Institute – Office is closed. Some services available:
- Advisory Council on Family Care – Free online parenting classes and video library
- Just in Time Trainings – Videos by the Quality Parenting Initiative
- Parenting Resource List – by the California Courts for parents of children of all ages, including LGBTQ parents, in English and Spanish,
Parent and Grandparent Support Groups
Online groups for support, education and resources while sheltering in place and homeschooling children.
- Parent Support Group – North Bay Counseling. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grandparents and Guardians Support Group – Sonoma County Counseling, Mondays 2:00 p.m. on Zoom video conference. Call (707) 322-1929 or email: email@example.com
- TALK Line (Telephone Aid in Living with Kids) – 24-hour phone line for parents and caregivers of children and youth, (415) 411-KIDS (5437).
- National Parent Helpline – (855) 427-2736, Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Learning and Entertainment
Sites recommended by the County’s Family, Youth and Children’s division staff:
- Free access to Rosetta Stone for Students for the next three months
- Free unlimited access to BrainPOP – animated educational site for kids that offers content in variety of subjects such as Science, Social Studies, English, Math, Arts & Music, Health, and Tech
- Free access to Audible Kids’ Audiobooks
- Free Streaming of Children’s Shows at Amazon – No Prime Membership Needed
- Cirque du Soleil 60-minute shows on YouTube:
- Free San Diego Zoo Live Animal Cams – Great Learning Resource for Kids!
- Free Virtual Museum Tours for Children – Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum, Guggenheim
- If you have a public library card you can download the Hoopla app on your tv and tablets and rent digital books and movies for Free!
- Free access to nature activities and connection through Sonoma Land Trust, which provides ways to keep children and students connected to nature and the outdoors, including a coloring book of Sonoma County’s wildflowers offered in both Spanish and English. You can find it on the Nature Activities page.
- Toastmasters program for children to prepare speeches to give in “public”.
- For 12th graders: Below are the latest news releases from CDE regarding grades, graduation, and college admission/placements.