2020-2021 School Updates and Resources
The Sonoma County Department of Health Services and Sonoma County Office of Education are working closely to ensure that teachers, students, and families can reopen safely and return to in-person learning with confidence.
Based on recent guidance under California’s Safe Schools for All Plan, Sonoma County TK-6 grade levels are eligible to apply for in-person learning with an approved COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Guidance for schools, students, and families regarding COVID-19 Safety Plans and reopening, distance learning, academic tutoring, school meals, tips for coping during crisis, and other concerns is available at online at the Sonoma County Office of Education. Learn more here »
The State of California’s school waiver process was replaced in January with the Safe Schools for All Reopening Plan, which requires a two-part COVID-19 Safety Plan, including a COVID-19 School Safety Checklist and Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Program.
Before reopening for in-person instruction, eligible schools are required to submit their COVID-19 Safety Plan to the county health department for approval at email@example.com and to the state at K12csp@cdph.ca.gov, and to make the approved plan available online.
The new safety plan review process only applies to schools who have not reopened under the waiver process, although all schools are required to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan posted online if they have reopened.
COVID-19 Safety Plans Received by DHS for Review:
- Alexander Valley School District – Approved
- Bennett Valley Unified School District
- Healdsburg Unified School District
- Horicon Elementary School
- Kenwood School
- Lattice Educational Services
- Liberty School District – Approved
- Mark West Union School District – Approved
- Oak Grove Union School District – Approved
- Petaluma City Elementary District
- Piner-Olivet Union School District
- Reach Charter School
- Rincon Valley Unified School District
- Santa Rosa City Schools
- Sebastopol Independent Charter School – Approved
- Sonoma Valley Unified School District
- Sonoma Charter School – Approved
- The Spring Hill School – Approved
- St. Rose School – Approved
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Two Rock Union School District
- Victory Christian Academy – Approved
- Waugh School District
- West Side Elementary School
- Windsor Unified School District
- Willmar Union School District
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Approved School Waivers:
- Bodega Bay Elementary School
- Harvest Christian School
- The Healdsburg School
- The Presentation School
- Redwood Adventist Academy
- Sonoma Country Day School
- St. Eugene’s Cathedral School
- St. Francis Solano Catholic School
- St. John the Baptist
- Summerfield Waldorf School
Listen to a community briefing on school reopening with Sonoma County Health Officer, Dr. Sundari Mase M.D., and Dr. Steven D. Herrington, Ph.D. County Superintendent from Sonoma County Office of Education.