You may receive a call from County Public Health staff or Volunteers if you have come into close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Public Health staff who contact you will:
- Protect the identity of the person(s) who may have exposed you to the virus.
- Identify themselves as being part of the Sonoma County Public Health Department.
- Notify you that you have been exposed and the timeframe when the exposure likely occurred.
- Recommend that you get tested and provide information on how and where to obtain a test free-of-charge.
- Speak with you about how to quarantine and
- Discuss your needs, answer your questions and connect your with resources.
Public Health staff who contact you will not:
- Request your social security number or any banking information.
- Report you to your employer, other governmental agencies or immigration officials.