- Check to see which of your information sources are working (NOAA Radio,
Internet news sites, alert and warning apps).
- All residents are encouraged to subscribe for SoCo Alerts. SoCoAlerts will send
messages if evacuations are ordered. If you are in a high-risk wildfire area, stay
alert – warning devices may not work without power. Sign-up online at
https://www.SoCoAlert.com or by phone at 707-565-1369.
- Use your cell phone sparingly to preserve power. Text when possible, in lieu of
voice calls. Keep family up to date about how you are doing.
- Keep hydrated and seek out cooling centers if needed.
- Try to keep your refrigerator doors closed. Use the most perishable items first.
- Items which fully thaw (above 40 degrees) must be used within 4 hours or thrown
- If you have a generator, be sure to follow safety instructions and use only as
needed to save fuel. Always allow the generator to cool completely before
- If you have relatives or friends in other areas that still have power, take this
opportunity to visit them.
- Check on your neighbors and help each other stay safe.