If your home or business experienced a power outage, it is better to replace food than to make someone sick. Here are some general guidelines:
- Food that has been out of temperature for more than 4 hours may cause illness.
- Discard all spoiled food to avoid potential health risk.
- Reheating food that has become contaminated will not make it safe.
- Even packaged food will go bad if they’ve been stored in a hot place. Toss metal, glass or cardboard containers with screw-caps, snap-lids, crimped caps, twist caps or flip tops.
- When in doubt, throw it out!