Individuals are not required to wear face coverings in the following circumstances:
- Persons who are working alone in a closed office or room;
- Persons who are actively eating and/or drinking;
- Persons swimming or showering in a fitness facility;
- Persons who are obtaining a medical or cosmetic service involving the head or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service;
- Persons who are specifically exempted from wearing face coverings pursuant to other CDPH guidance.