Resource Listings for Youth and Young Adults ages 12-24
Update your listing or add a new resource »
- Youth Scoop, https://www.youthscoop.org/covid-19
A list of resources for youth in and out of school during the coronavirus outbreak, including wellness, recovery, internet services, emergency housing and food, for students, job seekers and unemployed, foster, LGBTQ and homeless youth.
- Khan Academy, keeplearning.khanacademy.org
Educational schedules for K-12 students and expanded distance learning resources.
- The Lime Foundation, http://www.thelimefoundation.org
NextGen Trades Academy: A free 40-hour course for high school graduates or soon-to-graduate teens interested in fulltime work in the construction trades. Next group starts in May 2020.
- Luther Burbank Center for Arts, (707) 527-7006, lutherburbankcenter.org, Facebook: Luther Burbank Center
Free, virtual, interactive classes daily, including improv classes, music lessons, presentations, mini concerts. Information.
- Sonoma County Libraries, http://www.sonomalibrary.org
24/7 access to free digital library resources, though branches are closed.
- Sonoma County Youth Ecology Corps Career Pathways Program, sonomawib.org/cpp, www.scyec.org
One-year paid internship for ages 18-24 doing outdoor stream maintenance for the Sonoma County Water Agency and work with other County of Sonoma departments.
Services & Social
- Art Start, (707) 546-2345, www.artstart.us
Ages 14-20 can submit visual art on their experiences during the pandemic that will become part of a mural and shared on social media.
- iFoster, (855) 936-7837, www.ifoster.org, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ages 13-26 current or former foster youth who are students at a college, high school or middle school can get computers, smartphones and hotspots with unlimited data to stream classes. Complete the eligibility form: www.tfaforms.com/4811639.
- NAMI Sonoma County, (866) 960-6264, namisonomacounty.org, www.facebook.com/NAMIsoco
For ages 18+, an online NAMI Wellness Chat & Check-In to share about handling wellness during the emergency. Wednesday at Noon, and Friday at 4:30 pm
- Positive Images, posimages.org, https://www.instagram.com/positive.images.sr
- Online video Zoom Hangouts for LGBTQ youth and young adults, Tuesday-Friday, 1-2pm.
- Art Jams, Wednesdays, 7-9pm
- Youth Support Group, Thursdays, 7-9pm
- Youth Leadership, Thursdays, 6-7pm, and Fridays, 5-6pm
- Social Advocates for Youth (SAY), (707) 544-3299, www.saysc.org
- Help applying for unemployment for lost wages and access to medical and food benefits.
- SAY 24/7 Youth Crisis Hotline: (888) 729-0012
- Virtual Mental Health Support: Phone therapy sessions. Accepting patients from Sonoma County’s Access line (707) 565-6900
- Educational support to teachers, college and career counselors with virtual content
- Homeless Youth ages 12-17 can drop-in for food, housing and shelter info, supplies at SAY Coffee House Teen Shelter, 1243 Ripley Street, Santa Rosa, every day, 9am-9pm
- TLC’s Transitional Housing Program (THP), 821 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa, (707) 528-3020
Rapid Rehousing support for ages 18-24 experiencing or at immediate risk of homelessness during the sheltering in place order. Call for an appointment or drop-in Thursday, noon- 3 p.m.
- VOICES Sonoma, (707) 579-4327, www.voicesyouthcenter.org,
- Youth ages 16-24 emancipating out of foster care, group homes, mental health, and probation. Virtual wellness checks, one-on-one case management, groups, benefit application assistance and referrals. Call Tuesday-Friday for information.
- LGBTQ Connection, (707) 595-8961. Youth socials online.
- Community Action Partnership, Season of Sharing (SOS), call 2-1-1, seasonofsharing.org/covid19
Help paying for rent and other critical needs for transitioning emancipated foster youth ages 18- 24 and those who’ve lost income due to the pandemic.
New and Updated Listing Submission Form
If you are an organization offering activities, services, or resources for Sonoma County Youth and Young Adults (approximately ages 12-24 yrs) please use this form to submit and/or update listings.