Fare-free Bus Transit to COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments
Regional transit partners are offering free rides to and from COVID-19 vaccine appointments to help address financial and transportation-related barriers to accessing the vaccine. Proof of COVID-19 vaccine appointment required.
Begins: February 15, 2021
Bus lines participating: Santa Rosa CityBus, Sonoma County Transit and Petaluma Transit
What does this mean:
- With this exemption, any individual scheduled for a vaccination appointment may use transportation services (including paratransit services) from the above-mentioned providers to and from a vaccination site, without a cost
- A proof of appointment will be required
- Ride fees to and from COVID-19 appointments will be waived until further notice
- More information available on the following websites:
Vaccination sites in unincorporated areas:
- Outside city limits, Sonoma County Transit has designated routes that serve specific sectors within unincorporated areas
- Sonoma County Transit and Paratransit riders scheduled for vaccination appointments within these areas will also be offered a fare-free service
- Some clinics – including those operating in unincorporated areas (i.e. Guerneville) – are partnering with small organizations/senior centers to provide volunteer transportation to scheduled patients
- Additional transportation options and resources will be available as priority phases and tiers continue to open
Free or discounted rideshares for a limited time
Uber and Lyft have partnered with the White House to offer free or discounted rides to and from vaccination sites between May 24 and July 4, 2021. For more information visit the Lyft and Uber websites.