Adult Protective Services
Adult Protective Services – (707) 565-5940 To make a report of suspected abuse, neglect or self-neglect of an adult age 65 or older or a dependent adult between the ages of 18 to 64 living at home, please call (707) 565-5940 or make a report online https://sonomaaps.com/Intake/NewPublicIntakeReport.aspx
Adult Day Care
Council on Aging – (707) 525-0143 Program canceled until further notice.
Petaluma People Services Center – (707) 765-8488 Program canceled until further notice.
Alzheimer’s Day Care
Catholic Charities Shaw Center – Closed until further notice.
Refer to I’m Home Alone Program (707) 528-8712 in which seniors can stay in touch with daily phone calls by trained volunteers.
Caregiver Support and Respite
- 24-hour helpline to get support and to be added to local support groups.
- Caregiver Support Groups available in English and Spanish: New clients are welcome. Call (707) 573-1210 to join virtual support groups available by video or telephone conferencing. For a list of groups, visit alz.org/crf. Preregistration is suggested. Early diagnosis counselors are on hand to provide support for referral.
- Free Online Education: alz.org/norcal
- CDC Podcasts providing resources on Alzheimer’s Disease and Healthy Aging
- For existing clients: contact will be made by phone. email. Requests from new clients taken by phone.
North Coast Opportunities / Redwood Caregiver Resource Center – (707) 542-0282
- Support Groups – Virtual support groups are being launched and 1:1 virtual consultation by phone and video are available.
- Caregiver Assessment – Consultation and emotional support offered by phone or Zoom at the client’s preference
- Respite – Vouchers to provide caregivers a break from caregiving duties including personal care, protective supervision, help with chores or running errands such as grocery shopping or picking up prescriptions. Respite can be provided through a number of home-health agencies or by a friend or family member that may step in.
- Caregiver support groups have been put on hold.
- The agency is looking into an on-line group option for use by current facilitators
- No home visits. All contact will be made by phone. PPSC is actively taking new referrals.
Sonoma County Human Services Adult and Aging Linkages, (707) 565-5900
- No home visits. All contact will be made by phone.
- No home visits. All contact will be made by phone. Will be doing weekly check-in calls.
A Matter of Balance: Falls Prevention Classes (707) 565-5930 All classes are suspended.
Council on Aging – (707) 525-0143
- Legal, Estate Planning – Available through telephone appointments
- Money Management – Not taking new clients
- Trust Management – Serving existing clients
- Conservatorship- Serving existing clients
County of Mendocino Court Free Legal Help – By appointment only, Action Network Gualala, (707) 884-5413
- Child custody and support, restraining orders, small claims, guardianship and family law matters.
- All services are available by phone and email: Juan Orantes firstname.lastname@example.org or Lake Kowell email@example.com.
- To drop off documents to staff, contact staff to arrange.
- Assist disaster survivors with unemployment insurance, price gouging, FEMA benefits other legal issues resulting from a disaster or declared emergency, including COVID19.
- In order to stay living safely at home, eligible older adults and disabled residents of all ages, can apply for support from paid in-home care providers.
- IHSS clients get help with day-to-day tasks that they cannot do themselves.
- Call to apply or make a referral. Visit for more information.
- IHSS PA offers IHSS clients a registry of screened care providers to choose from.
- Care providers are employed by the IHSS client.
- To enroll to become an IHSS Caregiver call or visit IHSS Public Authority.
- Domestic Violence, Child Abuse and Elder Abuse restraining order applications are being written and filed remotely. Full services available to victims by phone during business hours.
- Elder Hotline: (707) 340-5610, www.legalaidsc.org/
- Domestic Violence Hotline: (707) 595-6295
- Housing Hotline: (707) 843-4432, Rental housing and eviction issues.
- Veteran’s Issues: (707) 542-1291
Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- To make a report of suspected abuse, neglect or self-neglect of a resident in long term care, please call (707) 526-4108, the 24-hour crisis line at (800) 231-4024, TDD/TTY (800) 735-2929, or 7-1-1.
- Project Tablet Turnover: New program to provide computer tablets to clients in care facilities to support seniors who are isolated, confined and don’t have a phone to communicate with family members.
- Drop off tablet donations at 5787 Desoto Dr., Santa Rosa, 1825 Nicola Dr., Petaluma, or call (707) 526-4108 for pick-up.
- Reset tablet to factory settings and include the power cord.
- Contact only by phone.
Transportation – Volunteer Driver Programs
Most programs suspended. Travel vouchers only to riders with urgent medical appointments or critical medical needs, such as dialysis or chemotherapy, through these providers:
Cloverdale Senior Center Connect Program – (707) 894-4826
- Volunteers are available to deliver groceries and prescriptions.
Coastal Seniors – (707) 882-2137
- Two buses are providing seniors aged 60+ and disabled adults transportation for medical appointments locally and to Santa Rosa, Fort Bragg and Ukiah and local essential errands only.
Healdsburg DASH – (707) 431-3159
- Operating with city staff drivers only. Essential medical appointments only. Will not transport actively ill people.
- Essential medical appointments, grocery store and bank rides only. Drivers can pick up pre-paid grocery orders and deliver to seniors. PPSC also has partnerships with health centers to pick up prescriptions and deliver to senior clients.
- Providing transportation to medical appointments.
- Bringing together public, private and non-profit transportation options to get you where you need to go.
Vintage House Senior Center – (707) 996-0311
- Providing vouchers to pay for Uber to provide transport to urgent medical appointments as needed.
- Sonoma area, Complete online application for grocery and prescription delivery.
- Russian River Feeder Shuttle. Rides to medical appointments only.
Windsor Wheelworks – Contact Nancy Caldwell at (707) 838-6641 x244
- Operated by the Center for Environmental and Social Stewardship